Current Affairs

Ban On Power Connections To New Industries Lifted

With the power scenario in the State improving due to allocation of additional power, the government has decided to lift the ban on connections to new industries, informed Power Minister Aleixo Sequeira while replying to the cut motions on demands for the power sector in the House on Monday.
He said the State will be procuring 37 MW of power besides the 40 MW that is likely to be released from Sipat, RGPPL shortly. Besides, he said an additional 47 MW has been allotted by the National Thermal Power Corporation to the State.

He also revealed that as per the 17th electric power survey conducted by the Central Electricity Authority, the peak demand in Goa by the year 1016-1017 is pegged at 1083 MW and to meet this demand, the government has sought 200 MW from the mega power project at Chattisgarh for which agreements are already signed.
The minister also stressed the need to provide the necessary infrastructure to transmit this power to places where it is required. In order to set the infrastructure the department has been collecting electricity duty from consumers and so far has sanctioned works to the tune of around Rs 313.78 crores.
Besides, he said the department has carried out a detailed study of the manpower requirement and is recruiting the required number of workers in a phased manner.

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
X

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker