New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday welcomed the Supreme Court order upholding the Bihar government’s recommendation for a CBI probe in actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case and lashed out at the Maharashtra government for its alleged attempts to stall the probe.
BJP leader Syed Shahnawaz Hussain that the party wholeheartedly welcomed the order of CBI inquiry.
‘The matter will not be stuck now. Justice will be done,’ he said.
‘People are happy with the Supreme Court verdict. We are confident that the truth will now come out. The Maharashtra government had been stalling the investigation…,’ he said, adding that fans of the actor have been awaiting the decision.
The Supreme Court verdict is Step one for Justice to Rajput, Mr Hussain maintained, adding that the Maharashtra government will have to cooperate with the CBI investigation.’
The probe agency will do the justice, he stressed.
‘The statements of Maharashtra government leaders have changed after the SC order…What kind of rhetorics were being made by Sanjay Raut,’ he said.
Taking potshots at the the Maharashtra government, he said they should answer who were they trying to save till now.
The Supreme Court, in its order, directed for a CBI probe into the mysterious death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput.
“We direct for a CBI inquiry into the case,” a single-judge bench of the apex court, comprising Justice Hrishikesh Roy, passed the judgement.
The Court asked the Mumbai Police to hand over all the evidence collected so far in the case to the CBI and ordered the Maharashtra Government to assist the CBI in the investigation.
The CBI is also free to register a fresh case if required, the Court said in its verdict.
Rajput, 34, was found hanging from the ceiling of his apartment in suburban Bandra in Mumbai on June 14.
His death and the row over it has been in focus in his home state Bihar, where Assembly elections are slated to be held in a few months.