Current AffairsWorld

China’s Huawei says files motion in US challenging company’s blacklisting

Beijing, May 29 (GCCurrentAffairs) Chinese tech giant Huawei said in a statement on Wednesday it had filed a lawsuit in the United States challenging Washington’s decision to blacklist the company and bar it from buying components and technologies of US manufacturers.

Last week, US President Donald Trump issued an executive order adding Huawei and its 70 affiliates to a trade blacklist, thereby restricting its activity in the country. From now on, US companies need permission from the government to trade with the telecom company. As a result, Google had to suspend business operations with Huawei, including the transfer of all hardware, software and technical services, except those publicly available via open source licensing.

“Huawei today filed a motion for summary judgment as part of the process to challenge the constitutionality of Section 889 of the 2019 National Defense Authorization Act (2019 NDAA). It also called on the U.S. government to halt its state-sanctioned campaign against Huawei because it will not deliver cybersecurity,” the statement says.

Huawei expressed hope that the US court would declare a ban on the company unconstitutional and render a decision on the termination of its execution.

The hearing on the motion is scheduled for September 19, the company added.

Several countries have accused Huawei of being sponsored by the Chinese state and spying on its behalf through its devices. Last year, Australia, Japan, New Zealand and the United States banned the company from participating in government contracts due to security concerns. Huawei has refuted the accusations.

Source
Via UNI-India

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
X

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker