Margao: After a detailed discussion with Indian Medical Association and members in the state of Goa, the Indian Medical Association Goa has issued guidelines to doctors in the state to adhere too while dealing with the coronavirus pandemic:
The IMA Goa guidelines issued by IMA Goa President Dr S Samuel Arawattigi asked doctors to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Those doctors above 60-years to avoid OPD services as far as possible.
2. Other doctors below the age of 60 to keep their OPD services open:
3. a) provided they have proper staff, sitting hall should have social distancing by at least one metre and should maintained throughout the consulting time. b) They must also have proper N95 masks and other personal protection equipments for her/himself and staff. c) Proper ventilation d) proper sterilisation f) suspected patients of COVID-19 to be referred to GMC via Health Centre.
4. Those who have hospitals can run hospitals if they have proper staff, masks, PPE kits.
5. As far as possible to avoid routine surgeries.
6. Emergencies surges to be performed with all proper care.
The guidelines furthers states that if any doctors develop symptoms of COVID-19 infection should immediately bring it to the notice of the appointed doctor designated to treat doctors with COVID-19 symptoms.IMA-Guidelines