Current AffairsWorld

Iran denies military adviser killed in Yemen

Tehran: Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Saturday denied that the country’s military adviser was killed in Yemen.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh dismissed the recent remarks by a member of Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi’s government as “false” concerning the killing of an Iranian citizen in Yemen’s conflicts.

“There is no Iranian military adviser in Yemen to be killed in the bombing of the aggressors in Yemen,” Khatibzadeh was quoted as saying by official IRNA news agency.

Such “baseless” remarks do not change the reality of the Yemeni scene vis-a-vis “the cowardly attacks of the self-proclaimed coalition against the oppressed people of Yemen and their determination to face aggression,” he said.

Earlier in the day, Yemeni Minister of Information Muammar Al-Eryani said in a statement that airstrikes launched by the Saudi Arabia-led coalition killed an Iranian military adviser in the country’s northeastern oil-rich province of Marib.

SHARE
Source
Via UNI-India
Back to top button
X

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker