Baghdad, Jan 8 (GCCurrentAffairs) As many as 80 US servicemen killed when Iran launched attacks on more than a dozen ballistic missiles against US military and coalition forces in Iraq, local media said on Wednesday.
“At least 80 American soldiers were killed during the missile airstrike launched by the Revolutionary Guards on the Ain Al Asad base,” a senior Revolutionary Guards source said as quoted by the Iranian television.
It also said US helicopters and military equipment were “severely damaged.”
Earlier in the day, Iranian Armed Forces Staff Chief Major General Mohammad Bagheri said in a statement that Iran had shown only a “part” of its military capabilities and added that the time had come for Washington “to take another approach in dealing with Tehran.”
Iran launched missile attacks on US-led forces in Iraq in the early hours of Wednesday in retaliation for the US drone strike on an Iranian commander.