ISL 2018-2019: Bengaluru break NorthEast hearts, enter second straight final

Bengaluru, Mar 12 (GCSports) Bengaluru FC stormed into the final of Indian Super League for the second successive year with a 3-0 win over NorthEast United FC in the second leg of the semi-final tie at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium in Bengaluru.

On Monday, with a 1-2 deficit from the first leg of their semi-final encounter to overturn, it took the Blues 72 minutes to break down the Highlanders in the second leg, securing the final berth with a 4-2 aggregate.
Miku, who missed three chances in the first half, scored in the 72nd minute to give Bengaluru the crucial 1-0 lead.

In the second half, Dimas Delgado made it 2-0 in the 87th minute. Indian national football team captain Sunil Chhetri scored the third goal in the injury time (90+2′), making the scoreline 3-0 in favour of the Blues.

As expected, the home team started the match at speed, forcing the Highlanders to defend deep. However, the first big chance came to NorthEast’s way. Federico Gallego nicked the possession from a careless Dimas Delgado and threaded a pass through for Juan Mascia. The striker hit the target but Indian national team Gurpreet Singh Sandhu had his angles covered to deny the Argentine.

When NorthEast were posing a threat through counter-attacks, Bengaluru’s Miku missed two golden opportunities in the space of two minutes.

The hosts got off the blocks quickly after the restart and put pressure on NorthEast United defence but brilliant saves from Pawan Kumar kept NorthEast in the game.

The Spaniard passed to Udanta who whipped a brilliant cross into the box for Miku who guided the ball into the net with a faint left-footed finish and broke NorthEast United hearts, scoring the goal of the match.
Subsequently, Delgado and Chhetri scored one goal each.

Final will be played on march 17 in Mumbai.

Via UNI-India

Leave a Reply

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker