The capital of our country is recording over 20,000 COVID-19 cases every day. Where in 2020, Home Minister, Amit Shah’s intervention helped Delhi in battling Coronavirus, it has now become evident that Arvind Kejriwal’s governance is proving to be incompetent in handling the second wave of this virus. For the past few years, Kejriwal was openly boasting about many hospitals and clinics built under his governance. However, several patients are dying to get one hospital bed and an oxygen supply.
While the leftists of our country have already declared him as the country’s best Chief Minister, it was seeing our Capital in such a critical situation that has exposed the blatant lies peddled by him. Now, let’s take a second to think about other promises made by the Kejriwal government. Were they proven to be true or just another list of fatal promises? To put a rest on the competition of India’s best Chief Minister, here’s what Kejriwal has done for the citizens of Delhi.
– First, let’s talk about how Arvind Kejriwal deceived the citizens of Delhi in the name of the development of new hospitals. In an RTI filed by Tejpal Singh in 2019, it was revealed that no new hospitals were commissioned in the year 2015-2019. To this Directorate of Health Services, Delhi responded and released a statement confirming, “As per information available in the Hospital cell of DGHS, it is informed that No new hospital has been commissioned under Delhi government, during the period from April 2015 to 31st March 2019.”
– In 2015, Arvind Kejriwal in his manifesto promised approximately 30,000 new beds in the hospitals. However, it was reported that only 394 new beds have been added in the Government hospital between 2015-2015 and 2017-2018.
– Now, coming to the ‘Mohalla Clinics’ which Arvind Kejriwal openly boasted about, where his government promised 1600 ‘Mohalla Clinics’, in reality only 189 were in operation according to a report published in 2019.
– Along with hospitals, Kejriwal’s government has advertised that within the past 4 years, they have built 23 flyovers. Again, this claim was also false as the second copy of the RTI by the Public Works Department, Delhi stated that between 1st April 2015 and 31st March 2019, no flyover construction had taken place.
The president of Delhi’s National Students’ Union of India (NSUI), Akshay Lara also tweeted the RTI report.
RTI से खुलासा हुआ था कि 1 अप्रैल 2015 से लेकर 31 मार्च 2019 के बीच दिल्ली में @AamAadmiParty की सरकार ने ना ही किसी हॉस्पिटल को अनुदान दिया था और न ही किसी नए फ्लाईओवर का निर्माण करवाया था।
बस झूठे विज्ञापन दे देकर जनता को मूर्ख बना लिया, और जनता भी इसकी बातों में आ गयी। pic.twitter.com/DJyVmSLhfh
— Akshay Lakra (@akshaylakra17) April 2, 2021
– Now coming to women’s safety, the people of Delhi voted for Arvind Kejriwal with the hope that their women will feel safe roaming in the streets of Delhi. However, even with women’s safety, Kejriwal’s promise is merely written on paper. Former Delhi Commissioner for women, Barkha Shukla Singh, in 2017 told ANI, “Delhi does not have an excellent reputation when it comes to safety and security of girls. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal promised that his party will work for the security and the safety of society. He has failed to do so”. Kejriwal has also somehow presumed that women will feel safe if he gave them free rides on public transport. But, what his government failed to understand is riding for free, will not ensure safety for the women of Delhi. Riding for free does not ensure that women will not be harassed, eve-teased and molested in the Nation’s capital. As welcoming as this measure could have been, it seemed more like a step towards appeasing women for vote banks.
– Another one of the lies sold by Kejriwal was that he has “transformed” the education sector and that parents are more willing to send their children to government schools than private schools. For the education sector to “transform”, the AAP government needs to allocate sufficient funds to Municipal Corporation Delhi (MCD). However, it was reported that in the past the budget for South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) was reduced to 46 crores from what it was supposed to be i.e. 89 Crores. It was because of this lower budget that MCD couldn’t fully cater to the demands of approximately 9 lakh students. Eventually, this led to a fall in enrollment rate in primary classes of South Delhi Municipal Corporation with 2,48,297 lower students enrolling in 2017-2018 as reported by “Praja Organisation”.
– Additionally, withholding of funds made it difficult to fill up the positions of 5,000 vacant teachers. Along with this, the Delhi High Court also reprimanded the AAP government for not clearing the salary due to Rs 273 crore, which was pending for over 6 months.
– Within a year, the Delhi government’s inefficiency to manage the riots, not only created havoc but also disrupted the businesses, costing a daily loss of Rs. 3,500 crores to the industries. While during the CAA, Arvind Kejriwal was openly supporting the protest, of course, to appease the Muslim voters, during the farmers’ protest, he was making sure that there are enough food, drinking, and other arrangements for the farmers. The irony is that while he was fueling the farmers’ protest, he secretly notified one of the farm bills.
The sheer hypocrisy of Arvind Kejriwal is now becoming apparent. Where his lies made him the Chief Minister of Delhi, AAP will no longer be able to feed the citizens of Delhi in the lure of freebies. The blatant mismanagement of the COVID crisis, no infrastructural growth, spending taxpayer’s money on incessant advertisement, and rampant corruption will soon predict the doomsday of the Kejriwal Government.
DISCLAIMER: This article reflects author’s view point. Goa Chronicle may or may not subscribe to views of the author