Current Affairs

Non Resident Goans Advised To Register As Voters

Following the amendment to the Representation of People’s Act, overseas Indian is entitled to register himself or herself as a voter in the constituency of the place given as the address of the person in the passport.

All Goans residing overseas who have completed 18 years of age as on 1st January 2011 are therefore requested to submit their claim for registering as an overseas voter in the electoral roll by filling up the Form 6-A and submitting it to the registration officer of the respective constituency along with the enlisted documents, either in person or through registered post.
However, in case the application is sent by registered post, it should be accompanied with photocopies of the relevant pages of the passport.


Leave a Reply

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker