SportsWorld

NZC shift remaining matches against Aus men, Eng women to Wellington

Auckland: The remaining matches of the New Zealand-Australia T20I series and the New Zealand-England Women’s T20I series, scheduled for the Bay Oval on March 7, will now be played on the same date and time in Wellington due to logistical reasons, NZC confirmed on Monday.

“The change has been forced on NZC because of logistical complications arising from the transfer of this Friday’s (March 5) second double-header from Auckland to Wellington,” NZC said in a statement.

Last week, the NZC had shifted Friday’s double headers from the Eden Park to Wellington, after COVID-19 alert Level 3 restrictions were imposed in Auckland, which doesn’t allow any sports event to take place.

Due to the current Alert Level 2 protocols in Wellington, all six matches will be played behind closed doors.

‘The current Alert Level 2 protocols in Wellington mean all three double-headers – on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, will be played behind closed doors,’ NZC’s statement further said.

‘Tickets purchased for matches affected by Alert Level restrictions will automatically receive full refunds to the card or bank account number from which they were paid,’ it added.

The New Zealand currently lead the Trans-Tasman series 2-0 whereas the women’s team will be eager to kickoff the T20I series with a win having lost the ODI series 2-1 to England.

Back to top button
X

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker