Current Affairs

Shiv Sena slams Amit Shah on Goa Mhadei issue

Shiv Sena Goa unit on Monday condemned statement of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) National President Amit Shah of diverting Mhadei water into Malaprabha basin within six months if voted to power in Karnataka.

Addressing a press conference at the party office in the city, Shiv Sena Goa unit President Jitesh Kamat,” Madhayi is a direct lifeline to 70 per cent of Goa and indirectly benefits remaining 30 per cent and Shiv Sena has been opposing it’s diversion.”

He also condemned statement of Prime Minister Narendra Modi of doing out of court settlement if voted to power.

Kamat said the Prime Minister should not forget that he was just not a leader of BJP but also a Prime Minister of the country and should talk responsibly.

“We would have taken it as ‘jhumla’ election statement but PM is more interested in interlinking of rivers to offer waterways of Goa to big corporates outside Goa,” Kamat alleged.

Kamat alleged that statement of Shah, when case was pending in the court of law, was a contempt of court.

He demanded proper stand from all political parties in Goa, including coalition and Water Resource Minister Vinod Palyekar before polling day in Karnataka.

Savio Rodrigues

Savio Rodrigues Founder & Editor-in-Chief GoaChronicle.com

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
X

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker