New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday rubbished the ‘speculative and erroneous’ reports in a section of the media that it had reached a conclusion in the case of ‘death’ of Sushant Singh Rajput and said investigations were still continuing in a statement late on Thursday night, the CBI said it continues to investigate the case. “CBI continues to investigate the death of late Sushant Singh Rajput. There are certain speculative reports in media that the CBI has reached a conclusion. It may be reiterated that these reports are speculative and erroneous”, the brief statement said. Reports in a section of the media had said the CBI was likely to wrap up its probe soon and submit a closure report.
In a statement on September 28 also the investigating agency had asserted that it was looking at ‘all aspects’ and no aspect had been ruled out as of date.
The CBI had said, it was conducting ‘professional investigation’ related to the ‘death’ of Sushant Singh Rajput.
“The Central Bureau of Investigation is conducting professional investigation related to the death of Shri Sushant Singh Rajput in which all aspects are being looked at and no aspect has been ruled out as of date. Investigation is continuing”, the September 28 statement said.
The September 28 statement, by pointing out that ‘all aspects’ were being looked at and ‘no aspect’ had been ruled out, implies that the CBI is also investigating a possible homicide angle. Also, the use of words ‘death’ of Sushant Singh Rajput in both the statements are a clear indication that the Mumbai Police conclusion of a possible ‘suicide’ also does not hold ground. The CBI which has been investigating the Sushant Singh Rajput case after the intervention by the Supreme Court, was being questioned for its slow speed of investigation. Sushant Singh Rajput’s family too had expressed fears that the CBI investigation was being side tracked and there was too much emphasis on Bollywood drugs probe by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).