Current AffairsIndia

TDP alleges Rs.4,500 Cr fraud in ‘Jagananna Colonies’ construction

Vijayawada: Telugu Desam Party State General Secretary Buddha Venkanna on Monday alleged that the ruling YSRCP Ministers and MLAs have committed Rs. 4,500 crore fraud in the ‘Jagananna Colonies’ housing construction programme, giving a big blow to the poor beneficiaries all over the State.

“Over Rs.6,500 crore was spent in the name of acquiring lands, their levelling and allotment. But now these ‘Jagananna Colonies’ turned into fish ponds where human habitations were totally impossible”, he regretted.
Addressing a press conference here, Mr Venkanna challenged the YSRCP Government to order a CID inquiry into the massive corruption in Jagananna Colonies. “Out of Rs.6,500 crore spent on this, not even Rs.2,000 crore was properly spent for ensuring proper lands”, he flayed.

The ‘Aava’ lands at Rajahmundry were taken for Jagananna Colonies but these lands were submerged under waist to chest deep water. Even these colonies in Nellore turned into fish ponds, he said.

The TDP senior leader demanded the Jagan Mohan Reddy regime to take action for all those responsible for misusing thousands of crores of public funds in the name of Jagananna Colonies.

He said that If the TIDCO houses built during the TDP regime were given to the beneficiaries, the poor families would have been in their comfortable houses in this rainy season.

Mr. Venkanna pointed out that over 90 percent of the TIDCO houses were completed during the TDP rule but the YSRCP regime was not completing the remaining 10 percent.

The Chief Minister should immediately order handing over of these houses to the intended beneficiaries, he said, adding that Mr Reddy promised to give free houses but now his Government was not giving houses even though the poor people were making payments for the same.

SHARE
Back to top button
X

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker