The sources said that more than five persons – all workers of the hotel – had taken up some work of the septic tank. Two workers who went in first, found themselves struggling for breath. Seeing the situation, 2-3 of their co-workers got in to get them out but instead they also face the same problem, preliminary reports said.
On getting the information, Fire services personnel rushed to the site and conducted rescue operation.
The sources said that breathlessness was due to high levels of some gas generated in the tank. It was not immediately clear whether it was hydrogen chloride or methane or some other. The fire services officials are ascertaining the cause of death. The police are also at the site and investigation is on
One worker is admitted to the GMC hospital.