The merger of 2/3 of the Congress Members of Legislative Assembly (MLAs) in Goa was a dark day for the people of the state and a mockery of the democratic principles of our nation.
This mockery of democracy was played out on the people of Goa by some leaders of the Congress and BJP with tacit understanding of senior leaders of the BJP and Congress in Delhi.
The seeds of what is now being termed as the Bharatiya Congress Party was sowed on May 21st 2019 – two days prior to the announcement of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019 results.
A senior leader of the BJP Goa, who held a respectable constitutional position in the Goa Assembly met with Congress President Rahul Gandhi on May 21st 2019.
The BJP leader who has now fulfilled a long cherished dream of being a minister travelled to Delhi on May 20th 2019 for meeting with Rahul Gandhi on May 21st 2019.
The meeting with the Congress President was fixed by Goa Desk-in-Charge Chella Kumar.
The meeting was also attended by a member of the Goa Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC).
GoaChronicle is not in know of what transpired inside the close door meeting.
Post the meeting on May 21st, the Lok Sabha Elections 2019 results were declared and BJP under the leadership Narendra Modi got a majority mandate by the people of India.
While the new Chief Minister Dr Pramod Sawant was digging his heals into his new role after taking charge due to the demise of Manohar Parrikar, behind the scene this senior BJP leader was constantly meeting with Goa Desk-in-Charge Chella Kumar.
In fact he would ditch his own recognisable car and travel in an Alto car belonging to a friend and meet with Goa Desk-in-Charge Chella Kumar and the then Leader of Opposition Chandrakant (Babu) Kavlekar at his the official residence in Altinho Panjim.
On July 10th 2019, 10 Congress MLAs led by Chandrakant (Babu) Kavlekar approached the Goa Speaker and handed over an intent letter stating about merging 2/3 of the Congress Legislative members into the BJP.
The Congress MLAs then flew to Delhi to meet with BJP President Amit Shah who met them later in the evening of July 11, 2019.
This information leads us to the following questions:
- Why would a BJP senior leader meet with Congress President Rahul Gandhi arranged by the Desk-in-Charge Chella Kumar?
- Was BJP President Amit Shah aware of the meeting with Rahul Gandhi? If so, was there a tacit understanding between BJP and Congress to allow for 10 Congress MLAs to join BJP?
- Why was this senior leader awarded a ministerial position? Was it because of following through with this tacit understanding between Congress and BJP?
- Why would BJP whose own Chief Minister Dr Pramod Sawant openly expose Congress MLA Atanasio (Babush) Monseratte from crimes alleged corruption, rioting and rape of minor, then accept an MLA of this credentials?
- Why would BJP induct Chandrakant (Babu) Kavlekar who is currently under investigations by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB)?