The nation witnessed the world’s largest vaccination drive from May 1, 2021, inoculating the age group of 18+. There are many states across the lengths and breadths of the nation which are in critical condition showing huge numbers of COVID-19 positive cases, breaking records each day.
While the announcement of the third phase of the vaccination drive was made by the Prime Minister on April 19, 2021, he said “government has been working hard from over a year to ensure that maximum number of Indians can get the vaccine in the shortest possible time.” He added, “India is vaccinating people at world record pace and we will continue this with even greater momentum.”
With the announcement, the state government was given the responsibility of monitoring the situation and getting ready with all the effective tools they can. However, few states failed with the duty given to them but some others like Uttar Pradesh pushed their limits to ensure the maximum number of residents of UP gets vaccinated and with that, the Yogi government made out several new orders to tackle COVID-19 on April 25.
The various orders put out by the UP Government read
- No fees will be taken for cremating people who died due to COVID-19.
- Masks to the poorer sections will be distributed for free of cost.
- In case of a shortage of beds in public hospitals, the treatment of the corona-positive patients will be done at private hospitals for which the UP government will reimburse the full cost of treatment.
- The UP Government has tightened its fist on those who try to play with the lives of the people by hoarding and black marketing the tools required in the treatment. The letter from Govt read there will be fixed rates for COVID testing and treatments. If there persist any malpractices within or outside the hospitals, and even by charging high fees from the patients, stringent actions will be taken against the hospitals under the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897.
- Also, the COVID hospitals have been ordered to announce the number of vacant beds twice during the day.
- Home isolated COVID-19 patients to be provided with a COVID kit inclusive of all the medicines of seven days declared by the Yogi Adityanath government.
- Remdesivir injections to be provided free of cost to the COVID-19 patients at government hospitals.
Notably, the UP Govt is seen taking the lead in the efforts of making the state corona free by doing various efforts needed.
With 30180 new cases recorded as of May 1st in the state of UP, the toll of the positive cases goes up to 301833 and so far, 12874 people have died due to the novel coronavirus with the death of 304 patients on May 1st. On a positive note, 38826 patients have recovered in the last 24 hours making the toll of recovered patients touch the number 967797.
The efforts of the UP government lead by Yogi Adityanath have made some fine developments in the race to fight against the Chinese virus. Nevertheless, it’s prime time for us- the people to come together forward to defeat the Wuhan virus as we say “Corona harega, Desh jitega.”
DISCLAIMER: This article reflects author’s view point. Goa Chronicle may or may not subscribe to views of the author