16.7 C
Delhi
Thursday, February 22, 2024

BCCI should Submit Audit Reports and implement recommendation of Lodha Committee : Hemant Patil

Date:

Share post:

Donate-GC-Razorpay

Mumbai: As BCCI earns and spends crores of rupees every year so its accounts should be made public, demanded Hemant Patil, National President of India Against Corruption.

He said that there are crores of cricket fans in India due to which BCCI has become the biggest and richest cricket board in the world today. Therefore, the board should make its accounts public.

Hemant Patil discussed with BCCI officials in this context, said a press release issued by Patil on Wednesday.

Patil said that officials of BCCI have given a positive assurance to bring the proposal to the board in the next meeting.

Patil said that the number of cricket players in the country has tripled today, but despite the passage of six decades, the number of cricket teams in the country is still the same. Every state’s cricket association produces brilliant players but they don’t get big opportunities. So 52 new teams should be formed to give all the talented players a chance, demanded Patil.

BCCI has plenty of money. Out of this only 20 percent money can be spent. The remaining 80 percent is not used. BCCI should utilize its money and build at least five international level stadiums in every state, release said.

Patil further said that the recommendations of the Lodha Committee have not been implemented yet. Please implement it as soon as possible otherwise a petition will be filed in the case of contempt of the Supreme Court, he warned. Patil said thst he had agitated against BCCI many times. Earlier, Patil had protested against BCCI at Azad Maidan in Mumbai, the release added.

Related articles

Alwar ‘beef mandi’ case: FIR registered against Khalid, Aslam, Saddam and others

After the Rajasthan police busted an illegal ‘beef mandi’ being operated on an illegally encroached government land in...

India and Greece heading towards doubling bilateral trade by 2030: PM Modi

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday held bilateral talks with his Greek counterpart Kyriakos Mitsotakis in...

Demand for removal of K K Pathak rocks Bihar Assembly

Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar lost his cool over the demands of the opposition for removal of...

Target of CD ratio should be 65 pc next year: Yogi

Lucknow: Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday expressed his satisfaction with the state's current credit-deposit (CD) ratio of...