25.8 C
Delhi
Friday, April 4, 2025

CASO launched in Srinagar outskirts

Date:

Share post:

Donate-GC-Razorpay

Srinagar: A Cordon & Search Operation (CASO) launched in the Padshahi Bagh area of Srinagar outskirts concluded peacefully on Monday late afternoon.

Local sources told that Trust that joint forces cordoned off Naikpora area of Padshahi Bagh and conducted door-to-door searches.

“A large number of troops and cops arrived in dozens of vehicles and cordoned off our locality. They went from house to house and conducted searches and checked the identity cards of locals. Even drones were pressed into service during the search operation,” said a local.

The cordon was lifted after over 3 hours of the search operation, he added.

Police sources also confirmed saying that information about the suspicious movement had been received from the area. They said no arrests were made during the search operation.

Related articles

President Trump announces 26 pc ‘discounted reciprocal tariff’ on India

Washington/New Delhi: US President Donald Trump announced a 26% "discounted reciprocal tariff" on Indian imports, while describing the...

US stocks rise on optimism ahead of Trump tariff rollout

New York: U.S. stocks ended higher on Wednesday, as investors were waiting for U.S. President Donald Trump's tariff...

Italian PM criticizes US decision to impose tariffs on EU

Rome: Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni on Wednesday night criticized U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to impose tariffs...

WHO faces 2.5 bln USD funding gap as US announcing withdrawal

Geneva: The World Health Organization (WHO) is facing a budget gap of 1.9 billion U.S. dollars for 2026...