24.8 C
Delhi
Monday, September 1, 2025

Death toll from Morocco quake rises to 632, another 329 Injured

Date:

Share post:

Donate-GC-Razorpay

Rabat: The death toll from the earthquake in Morocco has risen to 632, while another 329 other people have been injured, the Al-Arabiya broadcaster reported on Saturday, citing data of the Moroccan Interior Ministry.

Earlier reports said there were 296 fatalities as a result of the natural disaster, which hit Morocco’s High Atlas mountains late on Friday.

The European-Mediterranean Seismological Center (EMSC) said earlier in the day that that a magnitude 6.9 earthquake occurred in Morocco 77 kilometers (48 miles) southwest of the city of Marrakesh with a population of 839,000 people

Related articles

Self-reliance in Defence is not merely an option, but a condition for survival & progress: Rajnath Singh

New Delhi: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said that in today’s era of terrorism, pandemics and regional conflicts, self-reliance...

Putin advocates reforms in UN, IMF to reflect modern realities

Moscow/Beijing: Russian President Vladmir Putin, ahead of the upcoming SCO summit in the Chinese city of Tianjin, lauded...

India’s GDP surges 7.8 pc in Q1 FY 26, led by services and manufacturing

New Delhi: India’s economy sprinted ahead in the first quarter of FY 2025-26, with real Gross Domestic Product...

India crush Nepal 5-0 to clinch SAFF U17 Women’s Championship 2025 title

New Delhi/Thimphu: India’s dominance in South Asian football continued as the U 17 women’s team thrashed Nepal 5-0...