25.8 C
Delhi
Monday, September 1, 2025

Yemeni Houthis claim attacks on 2 US destroyers, supply ships in Gulf of Aden

Date:

Share post:

Donate-GC-Razorpay

Sanna: Yemen’s Ansar Allah movement, also known as the Houthis, said on Tuesday that it carried out rocket and drone attacks on US destroyers and supply ships in the Gulf of Aden.

“The naval, UAV, and the missile forces of the Yemeni Armed Forces carried out a specific military operation targeted three American supply ships after they left the port of Djibouti and had previously practiced their aggression against Yemen. It also targeted two American destroyers in the Gulf of Aden that were accompanying supply ships. The operation was carried out with a number of missiles and drones and the operation has successfully achieved its objectives,” the statement said.

The statement added that the Houthis also “carried out two military operations targeting military targets in Yaffa and Ashkelon areas in occupied Palestine…”

Related articles

Self-reliance in Defence is not merely an option, but a condition for survival & progress: Rajnath Singh

New Delhi: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said that in today’s era of terrorism, pandemics and regional conflicts, self-reliance...

Putin advocates reforms in UN, IMF to reflect modern realities

Moscow/Beijing: Russian President Vladmir Putin, ahead of the upcoming SCO summit in the Chinese city of Tianjin, lauded...

India’s GDP surges 7.8 pc in Q1 FY 26, led by services and manufacturing

New Delhi: India’s economy sprinted ahead in the first quarter of FY 2025-26, with real Gross Domestic Product...

India crush Nepal 5-0 to clinch SAFF U17 Women’s Championship 2025 title

New Delhi/Thimphu: India’s dominance in South Asian football continued as the U 17 women’s team thrashed Nepal 5-0...