30 C
Delhi
Saturday, August 30, 2025

Ecuador landslide death toll rises to 50

Date:

Share post:

Donate-GC-Razorpay

Quito: The death toll from a landslide that occurred in central Ecuador at the end of last month has risen to 50, Ecuador’s Attorney General’s Office (FGE) informs.

“At the moment, the number of deaths is 50,” FGE said on Twitter on Friday.

At the start of April, the death toll from the landslide stood at 27, while the number of injured was at 37.

The massive landslide hit the city of Alausi in the province of Chimborazo on March 26. According to local media reports, over 30 people are still missing.

According to Ecuador’s National Secretariat for Risk Management, around 500 local residents have been affected by the landslide. Nearly 60 houses have been completely destroyed while over 160 were damaged.

Related articles

Self-reliance in Defence is not merely an option, but a condition for survival & progress: Rajnath Singh

New Delhi: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said that in today’s era of terrorism, pandemics and regional conflicts, self-reliance...

Putin advocates reforms in UN, IMF to reflect modern realities

Moscow/Beijing: Russian President Vladmir Putin, ahead of the upcoming SCO summit in the Chinese city of Tianjin, lauded...

India’s GDP surges 7.8 pc in Q1 FY 26, led by services and manufacturing

New Delhi: India’s economy sprinted ahead in the first quarter of FY 2025-26, with real Gross Domestic Product...

India crush Nepal 5-0 to clinch SAFF U17 Women’s Championship 2025 title

New Delhi/Thimphu: India’s dominance in South Asian football continued as the U 17 women’s team thrashed Nepal 5-0...