32.9 C
Delhi
Sunday, August 31, 2025

G7 calls on Houthis to immediately cease attacks on civilians – Joint Statement

Date:

Share post:

Donate-GC-Razorpay

Washington: The Group of Seven (G7) calls on the Houthis to immediately cease attacks on civilians and stop threatening international shipping lanes, according to a joint statement published by the Foreign Ministry of Japan.

“We especially call on the Houthis to immediately cease attacks on civilians and threats to international shipping lanes and commercial vessels and release the M/V Galaxy Leader and its crew, illegally seized from international waters on November 19,” the statement said on Tuesday.

The Houthis said earlier in November that they had seized a Bahamian-flagged ship, Galaxy Leader, over its alleged links to an Israeli businessman. The rebels said they would treat its 25-man crew as guests as long as they were not Israelis and warned that they would continue targeting Israel-linked ships until Israel stopped attacking the Gaza Strip.

Related articles

Self-reliance in Defence is not merely an option, but a condition for survival & progress: Rajnath Singh

New Delhi: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said that in today’s era of terrorism, pandemics and regional conflicts, self-reliance...

Putin advocates reforms in UN, IMF to reflect modern realities

Moscow/Beijing: Russian President Vladmir Putin, ahead of the upcoming SCO summit in the Chinese city of Tianjin, lauded...

India’s GDP surges 7.8 pc in Q1 FY 26, led by services and manufacturing

New Delhi: India’s economy sprinted ahead in the first quarter of FY 2025-26, with real Gross Domestic Product...

India crush Nepal 5-0 to clinch SAFF U17 Women’s Championship 2025 title

New Delhi/Thimphu: India’s dominance in South Asian football continued as the U 17 women’s team thrashed Nepal 5-0...