17.6 C
Delhi
Sunday, February 22, 2026

Operation Kaveri: 2,500 arrive in India, 3,000 evacuated from Sudan

Date:

Share post:

New Delhi: Nearly 2,500 Indians rescued from Sudan have arrived in India so far, while India has successfully evacuated around 3,000 of its nationals from the strife-hit country under Operation Kaveri so far.

Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Arindam Bagchi in a tweet said that the 9th outbound flight from Jeddah, where India has set up a coordination centre, has landed in India ferrying 186 passengers.

“#OperationKaveri continues to bring Indians back home.

Flight carrying 186 passengers touches down in Kochi.”

Meanwhile, another IAF C-130J flight carrying the 16th batch of evacuees left Port Sudan carrying 122 passengers. With this nearly 3,000 persons have now left Sudan under Operation Kaveri, the MEA said.

Last night an A C-130 Indian Airforce flight landed in New Delhi with 40 passengers. With this flight, around 2,300 people have reached India, the MEA said.

Related articles

Biryani to Billions: How a Hyderabad Tax Probe May Uncover a ₹70,000 Crore Digital Evasion Scandal

The aroma of biryani has long symbolised celebration in Hyderabad. But this week, that aroma carries the unmistakable...

PLI: Powering India’s Manufacturing Renaissance from Import Dependence to Global Competitiveness

In 2020, when the world was reeling from supply chain disruptions and geopolitical realignments, India chose not to...

Bangladesh After the Faultlines: Can Foreign Policy Hold the Republic Together?

When I wrote in Goa Chronicle about the emerging faultlines within Bangladesh, the argument was not alarmist. It...

India’s AI Moment: Powering the World’s Youngest Nation into a Future-Ready Workforce

On 16th February 2026, the India-AI Impact Summit 2026 did not merely open its doors in New Delhi...