42.1 C
Delhi
Friday, May 22, 2026

Qatar death row: Jaishankar assures families of all efforts to secure release

New Delhi: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Monday met families of the eight Indians on death row in Qatar and assured that the “government will continue to make all efforts to secure their release”.

The Minister said the government was attaching high importance to the case and shared the concerns and pains of their families.

“Met this morning with the families of the 8 Indians detained in Qatar. Stressed that the government attaches the highest importance to the case. Fully share the concerns and pain of the families” S Jaishankar said on social media post X.

The External Affairs Minister also underlined that the Government will continue to make all efforts to secure their release”.

“Will coordinate closely with the families in that regard” he further added.

Last week the Court of First Instance of Qatar awarded the death penalty to eight former Indian Navy personnel, who were working for Dahra Global Technologies and Consultancy Services, a private firm that provided training and related services to Qatar’s armed forces.

The Indian nationals were arrested by the Qatari intelligence agency in August 2022, for allegedly spying for Israel, but the charges against them have not been officially disclosed.

Hot this week

Could Oil Turn Somaliland into a Prosperous African Nation?

In the world’s frantic race for energy dominance, the...

35 pieces of Shraddha’s body

Love is a powerful emotion. Love inspires you to...

The ‘Thai’ Touch in India

Thai Massage Parlours in the most populous cities across...

‘Justice for Bhavyasri’ trends on social media, seeks fairness for 17-year-old

The #JusticeForBhavyasri campaign is gaining strong ground all across...

The world is raving about Saudi Arabia’s rave party

I always thought that rave parties were the prerogative...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img