35.8 C
Delhi
Thursday, April 3, 2025

Ukraine working with US, hopes for support amid Trump’s criticism: Zelenskyy

Date:

Share post:

Donate-GC-Razorpay

Kyiv: Ukraine is working with the United States and hopes for US support on the path to peace, which is needed “as soon as possible,” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said on Monday, an hour after US President Donald Trump’s post on social media.

Earlier on Monday, Trump described Zelenskyy’s words that peace in Ukraine is “very, very far away” as the “worst statement,” saying that the US will no longer tolerate this situation.

“We are working together with America and our European partners and very much hope on US support on the path to peace. Peace is needed as soon as possible,” Zelenskyy wrote on X.

On Friday, talks between Zelenskyy and Trump in Washington collapsed following their verbal altercation in front of reporters in the Oval Office. The Ukrainian leader was criticised for his purported lack of gratitude for US help and disrespectful behavior in the White House.

Zelenskyy was asked to leave, despite the Ukrainian delegation’s reportedly begging the hosts to resume the meeting, which was supposed to culminate in the signing of an agreement on rare earth metals and a joint press conference. Trump called off the signing of the deal with Zelenskyy, already ratified by the Ukrainian government, and said the Ukrainian leader was not welcome back in the White House until he was “ready for peace.’

Related articles

President Trump announces 26 pc ‘discounted reciprocal tariff’ on India

Washington/New Delhi: US President Donald Trump announced a 26% "discounted reciprocal tariff" on Indian imports, while describing the...

US stocks rise on optimism ahead of Trump tariff rollout

New York: U.S. stocks ended higher on Wednesday, as investors were waiting for U.S. President Donald Trump's tariff...

Italian PM criticizes US decision to impose tariffs on EU

Rome: Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni on Wednesday night criticized U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to impose tariffs...

WHO faces 2.5 bln USD funding gap as US announcing withdrawal

Geneva: The World Health Organization (WHO) is facing a budget gap of 1.9 billion U.S. dollars for 2026...