38.1 C
Delhi
Thursday, May 21, 2026

45 killed in Kazakhstan mine accident

Astana: The death toll from a coal mine accident in central Kazakhstan has reached 45, said the Ministry of Emergency Situations said on Sunday.

Rescue operations are still going on for one missing miner after a fire broke out Saturday at the Kostenko mine of the ArcelorMittal Temirtau company in the city of Karaganda, the ministry said in a statement.

Earlier on Saturday, the Kazakh government declared Sunday a national mourning day for the victims.

There were 252 people inside the mine when the fire occurred, with more than 200 subsequently evacuated.

Investigation is underway to determine the cause of the accident.

Hot this week

Could Oil Turn Somaliland into a Prosperous African Nation?

In the world’s frantic race for energy dominance, the...

35 pieces of Shraddha’s body

Love is a powerful emotion. Love inspires you to...

The ‘Thai’ Touch in India

Thai Massage Parlours in the most populous cities across...

‘Justice for Bhavyasri’ trends on social media, seeks fairness for 17-year-old

The #JusticeForBhavyasri campaign is gaining strong ground all across...

The world is raving about Saudi Arabia’s rave party

I always thought that rave parties were the prerogative...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img