28.5 C
Delhi
Friday, February 20, 2026

Over 300 foreigners safely evacuated from Mexico’s Acapulco after Hurricane Otis

Date:

Share post:

Mexico City: A total of 305 previously unaccounted foreigners were successfully located and evacuated from Mexico’s resort city of Acapulco which was hit hard by Hurricane Otis, Mexican authorities said on Tuesday.

The people had been sought upon the request of their respective countries of origin and their diplomatic representatives in Mexico, said the Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement.

“Belize, Croatia, the United Kingdom and Uruguay join the group of countries whose nationals have been found, along with Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Spain, Japan, Peru and Switzerland,” it explained.

Otis, a category 5 hurricane, struck the Pacific coast of the Mexican state of Guerrero last Wednesday, causing serious damage mainly in Acapulco, one of Mexico’s main tourist destinations, as well as in other coastal towns in the state.

Related articles

Bangladesh After the Faultlines: Can Foreign Policy Hold the Republic Together?

When I wrote in Goa Chronicle about the emerging faultlines within Bangladesh, the argument was not alarmist. It...

India’s AI Moment: Powering the World’s Youngest Nation into a Future-Ready Workforce

On 16th February 2026, the India-AI Impact Summit 2026 did not merely open its doors in New Delhi...

AI for Humanity, Not Hegemony: Modi’s Moral Compass for the Machine Age

At a time when the world is oscillating between awe and anxiety over Artificial Intelligence, Prime Minister Narendra...

AI Summit Embarrassment: Galgotias Exposed for Passing Off Chinese Robodog as ‘Orion’ Innovation

In a nation that chants “Make in India” with conviction and speaks of becoming a global AI powerhouse,...