14.1 C
Delhi
Thursday, February 19, 2026

Saudi Arabia out of race to host FIFA World Cup 2030

Date:

Share post:

Riyadh: Saudi Arabia will not bid to host the FIFA World Cup 2030, Spanish sports newspaper Marca reported on Thursday, citing sources.

Saudi Arabia intended to host the championship together with Egypt and Greece. However, Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud reportedly contacted the Greek and Egyptian officials on Thursday to inform them that Saudi Arabia would not apply after all, citing the impossibility to compete against the joint bid of Spain, Portugal and Morocco.

So far, only Argentina, Uruguay, Chile and Paraguay have confirmed their bid to host the championship. The hosts will be officially announced in September 2024.

Related articles

AI Summit Embarrassment: Galgotias Exposed for Passing Off Chinese Robodog as ‘Orion’ Innovation

In a nation that chants “Make in India” with conviction and speaks of becoming a global AI powerhouse,...

India Is Not a Laboratory: Why Bill Gates Must Not Be Given a Platform to Shape Our Future

There are moments in a nation’s journey when it must pause, reflect and draw a firm line. Not...

Telangana targets USD 25 billion life sciences investments by 2035: Sridhar Babu

Hyderabad: Telangana IT and Industry Minister D Sridhar Babu on Tuesday said the State government aims to attract...

TN attracting large scale industrial investments to attain USD One Trillion Economy goal by 2030 : Interim Budget

Chennai: The Interim Budget presented in the Tamil Nadu Assembly on Tuesday said with the goal of achieving the...