Key Takeaways
- The White House strongly condemned the terrorist attack in Ankara, extending its thoughts to the victims.
- The death toll from the attack was revised up to five, with 22 others reported injured.
- US National Security Communications Adviser John Kirby expressed his thoughts to the victims, stating that the motive behind the attack is not yet known.
Washington: The White House strongly condemns Wednesday’s terrorist attack in Ankara, which left several people dead, US National Security Communications Adviser John Kirby said.
“I do want to start by extending our thoughts to the victims of the horrible terrorist attack in Ankara, Turkey, this morning … while we don’t yet know the motive or who is exactly behind it, we strongly condemn this act of violence,” Kirby told reporters.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan initially reported that four people had been killed in an attack on state-run aerospace company TUSAS. However, the death toll was later revised up to five, with 22 others reported injured.








