23.9 C
Delhi
Saturday, February 21, 2026

200 people suffer food poisoning in Afghan

Date:

Share post:

Kabul: At least 200 people took ill due to food poisoning in east Afghanistan’s Khost province, an official said on Monday.

The incident occurred in Satkai village of Zazai Maidan district on Sunday evening when the villagers attended a charity meal, and all the victims had been taken to nearby hospitals and clinics, said provincial police spokesman Mustaghfar Garbaz.

Without providing more details, the official added that further investigations were underway.

In the meantime, villager and eyewitness Tahir Azimi claimed that around 400 people were sick with the charity meal.

Related articles

Biryani to Billions: How a Hyderabad Tax Probe May Uncover a ₹70,000 Crore Digital Evasion Scandal

The aroma of biryani has long symbolised celebration in Hyderabad. But this week, that aroma carries the unmistakable...

PLI: Powering India’s Manufacturing Renaissance from Import Dependence to Global Competitiveness

In 2020, when the world was reeling from supply chain disruptions and geopolitical realignments, India chose not to...

Bangladesh After the Faultlines: Can Foreign Policy Hold the Republic Together?

When I wrote in Goa Chronicle about the emerging faultlines within Bangladesh, the argument was not alarmist. It...

India’s AI Moment: Powering the World’s Youngest Nation into a Future-Ready Workforce

On 16th February 2026, the India-AI Impact Summit 2026 did not merely open its doors in New Delhi...