36.8 C
Delhi
Thursday, April 3, 2025

BJP LOP accuses J&K govt of ‘irresponsibility’ amidst mysterious deaths in Rajouri

Date:

Share post:

Donate-GC-Razorpay

BJP MLA from Padder-Nagseni, and Leader of Opposition in the J&K Assembly, Sunil Sharma, has lashed out at the J&K Government for its irresponsible attitude towards the mysterious deaths in the Badhaal village of Rajouri.

Since December 7, 16 people from three families have lost their lives in three separate incidents, sending shockwaves throughout the region.

Sharma criticized Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for his perceived indifference to the tragedy, stating that he was enjoying skiing and snowfall while people were losing their lives.

‘The Chief Minister should have responded promptly to this situation on day one but he preferred to send his ministers who also did not bother to visit Badhaal, and rather held a meeting at Kotranka and returned, which shows that things were an eye wash’, Sharma said.

The BJP leader alleged that the CM chaired a meeting on Friday only after BJP leaders visited the area and highlighted the plight of the masses.

Sharma further said that the NC headed J&K Government should have been serious about this issue as 16 innocent lives have been lost so far, spreading a wave of panic among the local population.

He also expressed his condolences to the bereaved families, stating that the BJP has enlisted all the issues and the grievances of the masses, and they have been taken up by concerned quarters, including the Centre, for redressal.

 

Related articles

President Trump announces 26 pc ‘discounted reciprocal tariff’ on India

Washington/New Delhi: US President Donald Trump announced a 26% "discounted reciprocal tariff" on Indian imports, while describing the...

US stocks rise on optimism ahead of Trump tariff rollout

New York: U.S. stocks ended higher on Wednesday, as investors were waiting for U.S. President Donald Trump's tariff...

Italian PM criticizes US decision to impose tariffs on EU

Rome: Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni on Wednesday night criticized U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to impose tariffs...

WHO faces 2.5 bln USD funding gap as US announcing withdrawal

Geneva: The World Health Organization (WHO) is facing a budget gap of 1.9 billion U.S. dollars for 2026...