17.1 C
Delhi
Wednesday, February 18, 2026

8k people evacuated in China over typhoon Saola

Date:

Share post:

Beijing: Authorities of China’s prefectural city of Yunfu in the southwestern Guangdong province said on Monday that they had evacuated almost 8,000 people due to floods caused by super typhoon Saola.

Prolonged rains caused by the typhoon led to the growth of water level in the Luoding River above normal levels, and the risk of flooding has dramatically increased, the local authority on emergency situations said.

“As of 22:25 [14:25 GMT], on September 3, 7,960 people have been evacuated from dangerous areas of the Yunan county [in Yunfu],” the authority said.

The China Meteorological Administration announced last week the highest level of emergency responses in China’s south as the typhoon was approaching.

Related articles

AI Summit Embarrassment: Galgotias Exposed for Passing Off Chinese Robodog as ‘Orion’ Innovation

In a nation that chants “Make in India” with conviction and speaks of becoming a global AI powerhouse,...

India Is Not a Laboratory: Why Bill Gates Must Not Be Given a Platform to Shape Our Future

There are moments in a nation’s journey when it must pause, reflect and draw a firm line. Not...

Telangana targets USD 25 billion life sciences investments by 2035: Sridhar Babu

Hyderabad: Telangana IT and Industry Minister D Sridhar Babu on Tuesday said the State government aims to attract...

TN attracting large scale industrial investments to attain USD One Trillion Economy goal by 2030 : Interim Budget

Chennai: The Interim Budget presented in the Tamil Nadu Assembly on Tuesday said with the goal of achieving the...