13.1 C
Delhi
Monday, February 16, 2026

Maha govt withdraws charges against ex Mumbai CP

Date:

Share post:

Mumbai: Maharashtra government, on Friday withdrawn all charges levelled against former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh.

The government also revoked suspension orders issued in December 2021 and said that it should be considered he was on-duty.

Last year in Dec the state government had suspended Singh, citing a series of extortion and corruption cases lodged against him as well as his unauthorised absence from duty for a long period.

He was the first serving IPS officer of DG rank in Maharashtra to be suspended on these charges.

Along with Singh, the state suspended former Thane deputy commissioner of police Parag Shyam Manere for similar offences.

Manere, was Singh’s trusted aide when the latter was Thane police chief.

Related articles

ACB Conducts Raid Inside Mantralaya; FDA Office Sealed

Mumbai: In a dramatic operation on Friday, the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) laid a trap inside Mantralaya, the state...

Bomb threat emails trigger panic in courts across 19 UP districts

Lucknow: Bomb threat emails sent to court complexes in 19 districts of Uttar Pradesh, including key religious cities...

Rahul Gandhi slams Centre over Textile tariffs, says India ‘running shackled’ against Bangladesh

New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday criticised the union government’s trade stance on textiles, alleging that...

EC warns of strict action over irregularities in final voter list in West Bengal

Kolkata: The Election Commission issued a stern directive to officials in West Bengal, making it clear that no...