22.1 C
Delhi
Wednesday, February 28, 2024

BJP-led govts gave peaceful environ: Anurag Thakur

Date:

Share post:

Donate-GC-Razorpay

Hamirpur (HP): Union Information-cum-Broadcasting Minister, Anurag Thakur said Thursday the double-engine governments of the BJP had provided a tension-free environment to the people across the nation and Himachal Pradesh was an example of this effect.

He said this while addressing public meetings at Chamboh, Jauh Badhani, and Mundkhar villages of the Bhoranj constituency on Thursday.

Anurag Thakur said the wheel of development in the state should continue to run, so it was very important to bring back the BJP government in the state.

He said the work of the double-engine government of Himachal Pradesh was being discussed in the whole country today. In these five years, the government of double engine had created a tension-free and burden-free environment for the state’s people. People above 60 years of age were given pension, electricity bill up to 125 units was made free, the water bill was made free, grains were given free of cost, and 200 crore vaccines were installed free of cost across the country, to every household.

The Union Minister said,” Prime Minister Narendra Modi dreamt of a self-reliant India and a lot of work had been done to turn it into a reality.” In these five years, the country reached thirty thousand crores in the field of exports; 5 years ago we were the world of mobile. India was the second largest importing country in the world and today India has become the second largest mobile phone manufacturer in the world”.

He said Prime Minister Modi returned the special category status of the state, which was snatched away by the Congress government, so that the state has to contribute only 10 per cent on its behalf for any development project, the remaining 90 per cent is spent by the central government.

Thakur said today again the great festival of democracy was approaching and, all of you will use your franchise. For the bright future of the country and the state and in order to take forward the chariot of development in this way, all of you will make the right decision with your understanding and discretion, and take forward the nationalist thinking in the interest of the nation and give record votes to the Bharatiya Janata Party’s candidate Dr. Anil Dhiman.

Party candidate Dr. Anil Dhiman and former MLA, Kamlesh Kumari were also present on the occasion and also addressed the meetings.

Related articles

Biden, Trump projected to win presidential primaries in key swing state Michigan

Washington: U.S. President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump are projected to win Democratic and Republican primaries...

ED issues 8th summon to Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal

New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Wednesday issued an eighth summons to the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)...

J&K: Police attaches “illegal properties” of 2 drug peddlers in Baramulla

Srinagar: Police on Wednesday attached the “illegal properties” of two drug peddlers in Jammu and Kashmir’s Baramulla district. Police...

Ukrainian troops filmed alleged disc-shaped UFO this month

Kyiv: The Ukrainian military has caught on camera an alleged disc-shaped, completely silent unidentified flying object (UFO) hovering...