31.1 C
Delhi
Friday, May 22, 2026

G7 calls on Houthis to immediately cease attacks on civilians – Joint Statement

Washington: The Group of Seven (G7) calls on the Houthis to immediately cease attacks on civilians and stop threatening international shipping lanes, according to a joint statement published by the Foreign Ministry of Japan.

“We especially call on the Houthis to immediately cease attacks on civilians and threats to international shipping lanes and commercial vessels and release the M/V Galaxy Leader and its crew, illegally seized from international waters on November 19,” the statement said on Tuesday.

The Houthis said earlier in November that they had seized a Bahamian-flagged ship, Galaxy Leader, over its alleged links to an Israeli businessman. The rebels said they would treat its 25-man crew as guests as long as they were not Israelis and warned that they would continue targeting Israel-linked ships until Israel stopped attacking the Gaza Strip.

Hot this week

Could Oil Turn Somaliland into a Prosperous African Nation?

In the world’s frantic race for energy dominance, the...

35 pieces of Shraddha’s body

Love is a powerful emotion. Love inspires you to...

The ‘Thai’ Touch in India

Thai Massage Parlours in the most populous cities across...

‘Justice for Bhavyasri’ trends on social media, seeks fairness for 17-year-old

The #JusticeForBhavyasri campaign is gaining strong ground all across...

The world is raving about Saudi Arabia’s rave party

I always thought that rave parties were the prerogative...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img