24.8 C
Delhi
Monday, September 1, 2025

Maha govt withdraws charges against ex Mumbai CP

Date:

Share post:

Donate-GC-Razorpay

Mumbai: Maharashtra government, on Friday withdrawn all charges levelled against former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh.

The government also revoked suspension orders issued in December 2021 and said that it should be considered he was on-duty.

Last year in Dec the state government had suspended Singh, citing a series of extortion and corruption cases lodged against him as well as his unauthorised absence from duty for a long period.

He was the first serving IPS officer of DG rank in Maharashtra to be suspended on these charges.

Along with Singh, the state suspended former Thane deputy commissioner of police Parag Shyam Manere for similar offences.

Manere, was Singh’s trusted aide when the latter was Thane police chief.

Related articles

Self-reliance in Defence is not merely an option, but a condition for survival & progress: Rajnath Singh

New Delhi: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said that in today’s era of terrorism, pandemics and regional conflicts, self-reliance...

Putin advocates reforms in UN, IMF to reflect modern realities

Moscow/Beijing: Russian President Vladmir Putin, ahead of the upcoming SCO summit in the Chinese city of Tianjin, lauded...

India’s GDP surges 7.8 pc in Q1 FY 26, led by services and manufacturing

New Delhi: India’s economy sprinted ahead in the first quarter of FY 2025-26, with real Gross Domestic Product...

India crush Nepal 5-0 to clinch SAFF U17 Women’s Championship 2025 title

New Delhi/Thimphu: India’s dominance in South Asian football continued as the U 17 women’s team thrashed Nepal 5-0...