31.2 C
Delhi
Thursday, April 3, 2025

Taylor’s new take on ‘Scooter Braun bad blood’

Date:

Share post:

Donate-GC-Razorpay

Los Angeles: Global sensation Taylor Swift’s team has responded to the Discovery+ docuseries Taylor Swift vs. Scooter Braun: Bad Blood, which explores the pop star’s feud with record executive Scooter Braun.

“Taylor has completely moved on from this saga, and has turned what started out as an extremely painful situation into one of the most fulfilling endeavors of her life,” the Us Weekly confirmed the statement from Swift’s team.

“None of these men will ever be able to take anything away from Taylor’s legacy as a songwriter, singer, director, philanthropist and advocate for artists’ rights,” a statement at the end of the series notes.

The two-part docuseries, which began streaming on Max on June 21, comes on the heels of Braun, 42, announcing his retirement as a music manager.

In 2019, Braun — who’s known for working with the likes of Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande, came under fire after purchasing Swift’s back catalog of music from Big Machine Records’ Scott Borchetta, the report said.

Swift, for her part, claimed at the time that she was offered a contract to “earn” the rights to her music “one [album] for every new one I turned in.”

“All I could think about was the incessant, manipulative bullying I’ve received at his hands for years,” Us Weekly quoted Swift, 34, writing in a 2019 Tumblr post.

“Now Scooter has stripped me of my life’s work, that I wasn’t given an opportunity to buy.” While Swift said she had learned about the deal after it was done, Borchetta denied the claim in a 2019 post on the label’s website, saying he texted Swift the night before the deal went public.

Swift responded to the deal by re-recording her old albums and releasing them as “Taylor’s Version.” So far, she’s reworked “Fearless”, “Red”, “Speak Now” and “1989”. She is yet to release new recordings of “Reputation” and her self-titled debut.

Taylor Swift vs. Scooter Braun: Bad Blood is streaming on Max now.

Related articles

WHO faces 2.5 bln USD funding gap as US announcing withdrawal

Geneva: The World Health Organization (WHO) is facing a budget gap of 1.9 billion U.S. dollars for 2026...

India’s Northeast emerging as connectivity hub for BIMSTEC: EAM at Bangkok ministerial meet

Bangkok/New Delhi: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said today that India’s North-Eastern region is emerging as a connectivity...

Canada says to fight US tariffs with countermeasures

Ottawa: Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney said Wednesday that Canada will fight U.S. tariffs with countermeasures.The prime minister...

China strongly opposes US tariffs, will take countermeasures – Commerce Ministry

Beijing: China strongly opposes the US tariffs and will take countermeasures to protect its rights and interests, the...