34.1 C
Delhi
Friday, May 22, 2026

US expects attacks on contingent in Middle East in coming days

Washington: In light of the high-profile attack on an air base in Iraq where US troops are stationed, the Pentagon expects new attacks on its contingent in the region in the coming days, the US local media reported, citing a source.

Earlier, a US Defence Department spokesperson said in a statement to Sputnik that at least several US servicemen had been injured in the attack on the Ain al-Asad airbase in Anbar province in western Iraq.

According to the Axios portal, the Pentagon expects new attacks by pro-Iranian militias on US troops in the region in the coming days. Growing tensions in the region make the militias feel less restrained by Iran in regard to attacks on US troops than in recent months, the publication noted.

The publication also said President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris had been reportedly informed that US national security officials did not yet know when an attack on Israel might begin.

Hot this week

Could Oil Turn Somaliland into a Prosperous African Nation?

In the world’s frantic race for energy dominance, the...

35 pieces of Shraddha’s body

Love is a powerful emotion. Love inspires you to...

The ‘Thai’ Touch in India

Thai Massage Parlours in the most populous cities across...

‘Justice for Bhavyasri’ trends on social media, seeks fairness for 17-year-old

The #JusticeForBhavyasri campaign is gaining strong ground all across...

The world is raving about Saudi Arabia’s rave party

I always thought that rave parties were the prerogative...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img