Key Takeaways
- The attack on the US airbase in Iraq is a ‘dangerous escalation’ blamed on Iran.
- US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin and Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Galant condemned the attack on the US airbase in Iraq.
- Secretary Austin provided an update on measures to strengthen US military posture in the region in light of the escalating situation.
Washington: US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Galant called the attack on the US airbase in Iraq, where US troops were stationed, a “dangerous escalation,” blaming Iran and its allied Shiite militia, the Pentagon said in a statement.
A Pentagon spokesperson told Sputnik earlier that at least several US servicemen had been injured in the attack on the airbase late Monday evening.
“US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin and Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Galant called the attack on the US airbase in Iraq a ‘dangerous escalation’. Iran and its allied Shiite militia were blamed for the attack. Secretary Austin provided an update on measures to strengthen US military posture in the region.” the statement says.








