28.9 C
Delhi
Sunday, August 31, 2025

41 NATO KFOR soldiers receive injuries in clashes in Kosovo

Date:

Share post:

Donate-GC-Razorpay

Rome: At least 41 soldiers of NATO KFOR contingent received injuries in clashes in Kosovo, la Repubblica newspaper reported on Monday.

The injured NATO KFOR soldiers included 11 Italians, with three being in serious condition, Italian Foreign Minister Antonio Tajani said.

“I want to express my solidarity with the military of the KFOR mission, who were wounded in Kosovo during clashes between Serbian demonstrators and the Kosovo police. Among them are 11 Italians, three of whom are in serious condition, but there is no threat to their lives. The Italian military continues to carry out their duties in the name of peace,” Tajani said on Twitter.

Earlier in the day, director of the Clinical Hospital Center in the city of North Kosovska Mitrovica in northern Kosovo, Zlatan Elek, said that as a result of clashes between Serbs and the police of self-proclaimed Kosovo, as well as the NATO Kosovo Force (KFOR) contingent, at least 50 citizens were injured, including two seriously injured.

Related articles

Self-reliance in Defence is not merely an option, but a condition for survival & progress: Rajnath Singh

New Delhi: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said that in today’s era of terrorism, pandemics and regional conflicts, self-reliance...

Putin advocates reforms in UN, IMF to reflect modern realities

Moscow/Beijing: Russian President Vladmir Putin, ahead of the upcoming SCO summit in the Chinese city of Tianjin, lauded...

India’s GDP surges 7.8 pc in Q1 FY 26, led by services and manufacturing

New Delhi: India’s economy sprinted ahead in the first quarter of FY 2025-26, with real Gross Domestic Product...

India crush Nepal 5-0 to clinch SAFF U17 Women’s Championship 2025 title

New Delhi/Thimphu: India’s dominance in South Asian football continued as the U 17 women’s team thrashed Nepal 5-0...