22.1 C
Delhi
Monday, February 16, 2026

Shooter killing 23 at US Texas Walmart will not face death penalty

Date:

Share post:

Houston: Patrick Crusius, the shooter who killed 23 people in a 2019 attack targeting Hispanic migrants at a Walmart in El Paso, U.S. state of Texas, will not face the death penalty after he pleaded guilty in a state court on Monday.

Instead, he was sentenced to 23 consecutive life sentences.

El Paso District Attorney James Montoya’s office last month offered Crusius the plea deal to avoid the death penalty.

At the time, Montoya said he personally believed Crusius should be executed but the death penalty would delay a trial even further, noting that most of the victim’s families just want the case’s closure.

Crusius was sentenced to 90 life terms in 2023 in his federal trial after pleading guilty.

The 2019 attack is one of the deadliest shootings in the United States.

Related articles

ACB Conducts Raid Inside Mantralaya; FDA Office Sealed

Mumbai: In a dramatic operation on Friday, the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) laid a trap inside Mantralaya, the state...

Bomb threat emails trigger panic in courts across 19 UP districts

Lucknow: Bomb threat emails sent to court complexes in 19 districts of Uttar Pradesh, including key religious cities...

Rahul Gandhi slams Centre over Textile tariffs, says India ‘running shackled’ against Bangladesh

New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday criticised the union government’s trade stance on textiles, alleging that...

EC warns of strict action over irregularities in final voter list in West Bengal

Kolkata: The Election Commission issued a stern directive to officials in West Bengal, making it clear that no...