22.1 C
Delhi
Monday, February 16, 2026

Biden says 11 Americans confirmed dead amid Israeli-Palestinian conflict

Date:

Share post:

Washington: U.S. President Joe Biden said Monday that 11 U.S. citizens were killed in the latest conflict between Hamas and Israel.

The president’s announcement raised the death toll of Americans in the ongoing conflict by two people compared with what was confirmed by the National Security Council in a statement issued earlier in the day.

Biden in his statement also said the U.S. government believes that Americans are likely among those taken hostage by Hamas. He said the administration is “sharing intelligence and deploying experts from across the United States government to consult with and advise Israeli counterparts on hostage recovery efforts.”

Biden reiterated U.S. commitment to ensure “Israel has what it needs to defend itself and its people.”

Related articles

ACB Conducts Raid Inside Mantralaya; FDA Office Sealed

Mumbai: In a dramatic operation on Friday, the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) laid a trap inside Mantralaya, the state...

Bomb threat emails trigger panic in courts across 19 UP districts

Lucknow: Bomb threat emails sent to court complexes in 19 districts of Uttar Pradesh, including key religious cities...

Rahul Gandhi slams Centre over Textile tariffs, says India ‘running shackled’ against Bangladesh

New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday criticised the union government’s trade stance on textiles, alleging that...

EC warns of strict action over irregularities in final voter list in West Bengal

Kolkata: The Election Commission issued a stern directive to officials in West Bengal, making it clear that no...