Ever since Sameer Wankhede, NCB Zonal Director successfully busted the cruise liner party and has arrested Aryan Khan (prime accused) along with 20 others, it has come to light that Sameer Wankhede is being spied on by Mumbai police. Sameer Wankhede further revealed that 2 unidentified people along with 2 police officers from the Oshiwara police station had taken the cctv footage of Wankhede in the Oshiwara Kabristan where he goes every morning to offer prayers to his mother who had passed away in 2015. Sameer Wankhede along with senior officials from NCB met with Maharashtra DGP Sanjay Pandey and raised a complaint about being spied on and gave the cctv footage as an evidence to support the claim that he is being stalked.
Is Sameer Wankhede being spied on? NCB Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede & DDG Ashok Mutha Jain meet Maharashtra DGP & raise 'surveillance' issue. Here's CCTV footage that was allegedly retrieved by Mumbai police officials. CCTV footage shows Sameer Wankhede at Oshiwara Kabristan. pic.twitter.com/4dQbMDWFOf
— Jan Ki Baat (@jankibaat1) October 12, 2021
It was not the first instance where NCB has felt threatened, they have faced attacks before too: On 22nd November 2020 after nabbing several peddlers during the Rhea Chakraborty drug case, Sameer Wankhede along with 5 NCB officials were attacked by a group of 60 peddlers while they were conducting searches in Goregaon, 2 of the NCB officials were severely injured.
Several politicians from the Maha Vikas Aghadi like Nawab Malik raised baseless questions on NCB, targeting them and trying to doubt their motive in regards to the arrest of Aryan Khan. Some have brought in a communal angle to the whole drug bust, stating that Shahrukhs son is being targeted because he is a Muslim. The question is, did they forget they were muslims all these years when Shahrukh got so much of fame, name and money for so many years without any sort of discrimination?
Watch NCB addressing the Nation on the cruise drug bust: https://youtu.be/ZFD9usTl_xo – Source: Republic Media network
As a nation we should be proud of our agency (Narcotics Control Bureau) to have taken down several drug peddlers.
IRS officer Sameer Wankhede also has been probing the Bollywood drug case and the Rhea Chakraborty drug case where Rhea is the main accused.
Sameer Wankhede has also been given an extension of 6 months as the Zonal director of NCB. The NCB had arrested Rhea Chakraborty, her brother Showik and several drug peddlers (more than 100), Nawab Maliks son in law was also nabbed by the NCB
Ever since the murder of Sushant Singh Rajput, agencies like ED, NCB and CBI have stepped into the picture in order to investigate the case from several angles. While unearthing different angles, it was Enforcement Directorate who had intercepted WhatsApp chats between Rhea Chakraborty and several drug peddlers after which NCB was made party to the case. NCB had further called various entertainers for questioning like Sara Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, Sharaddha Kapoor, Rakul Preet Singh and many others from the film fraternity.
From 2019 to 2020, Wankhede has seized drugs over Rs 17000 CR
Know who Sameer Wankhede is and his past designations:
- 2008 Batch- Mumbai airport as the customs officer
- Served as the Deputy Commissioner of Air Intelligence Unit
- Additional Superintendent of police, National Investigative Agency
- Directorate of Revenue intelligence- Joint Commissioner
- NCB- Zonal Director
Sameer Wankhede is known to be a fierce officer, unsparing when it comes to breaking the law. He is a man with high integrity and high ethics.
- In the year 2011, Bollywood entertainer Shahrukh Khan was stopped by the customs authority for carrying excess baggage (about 20 bags) at Chhatrapati Shivaji International airport, the officer who interrogated Shahrukh Khan and fined him with a custom duty of about 1.5 lakhs, was none other than Sameer Wankhede. It is said that Sameer Wankhede did not give any special treatment to Shahrukh Khan, he was treated like every other passenger should be treated
- Sameer Wankhede as the Customs officer did not spare any celebrity as he did not give custom clearance to them till the time they would admit and reveal about the goods they purchased using foreign currency and paid taxes for it. According to reports, he has booked over a thousand celebrities for not paying taxes.
- In the year 2013, Mika Singh was caught by Sameer Wankhede with foreign currency and has raided several rich and famous ones like Anurag Kashyap, Ram Gopal Verma, Vivek Oberoi
- The trophy of the cricket World Cup, made of gold was only released after custom duty was paid.
An officer like Sameer Wankhede and his team who are working tirelessly for the nation should definitely get appropriate protection from the centre. Several people came in support of Sameer Wankhede and NCB for the great service they are doing, fans of Sushant Singh Rajput trend ‘’SSRians Support Fearless NCB’’
[author title=”Shefali Kochhar,” image=”http://goachronicle.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Screenshot_20210321-160233_LinkedIn.jpg”]Journalist, Goa Chronicle .
I am an entrepreneur who has tried her hands on various ventures like Electric Vehicle Charging Station , Online Retail Store / Trading and few more ventures. I have done my entrepreneurship from Amity University Noida.
Read My Other Articles[feed url=”https://goachronicle.com/author/shefali-kochhar/feed/” number=”5″]