41.1 C
Delhi
Wednesday, May 20, 2026

17 killed in U.S. airstrikes on Yemeni fuel port of Ras Isa: Houthis

Sanaa: U.S. airstrikes on Yemeni fuel port of Ras Isa on Thursday have killed 17 people and injured dozens more, Houthi-run al-Masirah TV reported Friday.

It said the victims were workers and employees of the port.

Civil defence and rescue teams are working to extinguish fires at Ras Isa, and taking the injured to hospital.

Previously, U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) said in a statement that it struck and destroyed

Ras Isa on Thursday, “to eliminate this source of fuel for” and “degrade the economic source of power of” the Houthis.

A Yemeni local government official told Xinhua that more than five strikes hit the port and partially destroyed it.

In mid-March, U.S. President Donald Trump ordered the U.S. military to launch “decisive and powerful military action” against the Houthis, after the latter announced their plans to resume attacks on Israeli ships in the Red Sea, citing Israel’s blockade of aid to Gaza.

Hot this week

Could Oil Turn Somaliland into a Prosperous African Nation?

In the world’s frantic race for energy dominance, the...

35 pieces of Shraddha’s body

Love is a powerful emotion. Love inspires you to...

The ‘Thai’ Touch in India

Thai Massage Parlours in the most populous cities across...

‘Justice for Bhavyasri’ trends on social media, seeks fairness for 17-year-old

The #JusticeForBhavyasri campaign is gaining strong ground all across...

The world is raving about Saudi Arabia’s rave party

I always thought that rave parties were the prerogative...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img