Aurangabad: At least 25 people including seven policemen were injured, when a cooking gas cylinder exploded here in Shahganj locality under Town police station area on Saturday.
Police said that women of a family of Anil Goswami were preparing traditional prasad (offerings) of Chhath festival in Shahganj locality when cooking gas cylinder started leaking and caught fire.
Family members and locals tried to douse the fire but they could not succeed and inferno was slowly engulfing larger area of the house, police added.
” A patrolling party of local police station also reached on the spot when they learnt about the incident”, police said adding that cylinder suddenly exploded while attempt was being made to douse the fire.
At least 25 people including seven policemen sustained burn injuries in the incident, police further added.
“All the injured have been admitted to a local hospital where their condition was stated to be out of danger”, police informed. Senior officials reached on the spot and were supervising relief and rescue operation, police stated.