38.1 C
Delhi
Friday, May 22, 2026

BJP links seized money to Cong, CM Siddaramaiah denies

Bengaluru: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has dismissed as “baseless” the BJP’s alllegation linking the alleged recovery of unaccounted cash of over Rs 50 crore during an I-T raid in the city to the state’s ruling Congress.

“This allegation is baseless. Contractors do not belong to any political party. Neither we ask them (contractors), nor they give us,” he told reporters in Mysuru.

State BJP President Nalin Kumar Kateel earlier in the day alleged that the money was linked to the Congress.

Tthe BJP has decided to stage two-day protest till Tuesday in various district and taluka headquarters, demanding Siddaramaiah and his deputy DK Shivakumar’s resignations.

Kateel claimed that a few days after Rs 600 crore was released to the contractors, over Rs 45 crore was seized from a contractor’s house, “making it clear that this unaccounted money is linked to the Congress, and it is their money”.

“I demand that the CM and the DCM resign owing to moral responsibility,” he said.

He also alleged that the seized money was meant to fund elections in five poll-bound states. “The Congress is running an ATM government in Karnataka to fund elections,” he said.

Union Coal and Mines Minister Pralhad Joshi alleged that the Congress has set a target of collecting Rs 1,000 crore from Karnataka alone.

Income Tax raids were carried out at more than 45 places in Karnataka, mostly in Bengaluru. Over Rs 50 crore was seized from various people including Rs 42 crore from a contractor and his son.

The raids started on Thursday, and it is still underway, I-T officials stated.

Hot this week

Could Oil Turn Somaliland into a Prosperous African Nation?

In the world’s frantic race for energy dominance, the...

35 pieces of Shraddha’s body

Love is a powerful emotion. Love inspires you to...

The ‘Thai’ Touch in India

Thai Massage Parlours in the most populous cities across...

‘Justice for Bhavyasri’ trends on social media, seeks fairness for 17-year-old

The #JusticeForBhavyasri campaign is gaining strong ground all across...

The world is raving about Saudi Arabia’s rave party

I always thought that rave parties were the prerogative...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img