13.1 C
Delhi
Monday, February 16, 2026

Iran smashes “terrorists” behind deadly attack on security forces

Date:

Share post:

Tehran: Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) said on Sunday the “terrorist” team behind a deadly attack on Iranian security forces has been “smashed,” the IRGC’s official news outlet Sepah News reported.

Following the “terrorist” incident on Saturday in the southeastern Sistan and Baluchestan province, which led to the killing of 10 Iranian law enforcement forces, the operational and intelligence units of the Quds Base of the IRGC’s Ground Force, in cooperation with the provincial intelligence and police forces, managed to identify the hideout of the “terrorists” and attack them using combat drones, said the report.

It added that during the operation, four “terrorists” were killed, four others were arrested, and several sustained injuries, while noting that a number of them managed to escape.

According to the report, a manhunt has been launched to arrest the rest of the “terrorists.”

Iran’s police command said Saturday the slain members of the law enforcement forces, comprising conscripts and policemen, had been ambushed by “criminal terrorists” when returning to their station from a mission to provide security services to the citizens.

The Jaish al-Zulm group, designated as a terrorist entity by Iran, claimed responsibility for the attack on Saturday.

Related articles

ACB Conducts Raid Inside Mantralaya; FDA Office Sealed

Mumbai: In a dramatic operation on Friday, the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) laid a trap inside Mantralaya, the state...

Bomb threat emails trigger panic in courts across 19 UP districts

Lucknow: Bomb threat emails sent to court complexes in 19 districts of Uttar Pradesh, including key religious cities...

Rahul Gandhi slams Centre over Textile tariffs, says India ‘running shackled’ against Bangladesh

New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday criticised the union government’s trade stance on textiles, alleging that...

EC warns of strict action over irregularities in final voter list in West Bengal

Kolkata: The Election Commission issued a stern directive to officials in West Bengal, making it clear that no...