Key Takeaways
- The Israeli military launched airstrikes on three Houthi-controlled ports in western Yemen’s Hodeidah province.
- The strikes targeted fuel shipments ahead of the attacks, highlighting the growing fuel shortages in Houthi-controlled areas.
- The ongoing conflict between Israel and the Houthi has led to a significant increase in regional tensions, with a growing risk of further military attacks.
Sanaa: The Israeli military launched airstrikes on three ports in western Yemen’s Hodeidah province late Sunday, shortly after issuing evacuation warnings, Houthi-run al-Masirah TV reported.
The strikes targeted the ports of Hodeidah, Ras Issa, and As-Salif, all located along the Red Sea. No casualties were reported.
Local residents told Xinhua that Houthi workers had been preparing the ports to receive fuel shipments ahead of the attacks.
Forty minutes before the strikes, Israel reportedly warned civilians to leave the areas, highlighting the urgency of the situation. Earlier in the day, British Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) had also advised vessels to steer clear of waters near Houthi-held ports.
On Friday, the group claimed responsibility for a missile attack on Israel’s Ben Gurion Airport, which Israeli officials said was intercepted. The attack came in response to Israeli airstrikes on Tuesday that killed dozens in Sanaa and destroyed the capital’s airport, including three commercial aircraft.
Sunday’s strikes mark the latest in a series of Israeli attacks on Houthi-controlled ports in recent weeks, amid growing fuel shortages in those areas.
Last week, Oman announced it had brokered a ceasefire agreement between the Houthis and the United States, under which the Houthis agreed to suspend attacks on U.S. vessels in the Red Sea in exchange for a halt to American airstrikes on Houthi positions.








