29.6 C
Delhi
Tuesday, June 24, 2025

Land-for-Job scam: ED files chargesheet against Rabri Devi, Misa Bharti and others

Date:

Share post:

Donate-GC-Razorpay

New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Tuesday filed a charge sheet in the ‘Land for job’ scam in Rouse Avenue court, which includes the name of Bihar’s former Chief Minister Rabri Devi, Misa Bharti, Hima Yadav and others.

The Rouse Avenue court has directed ED to also file an e-copy of the charge sheet and documents on Tuesday itself.

The court listed the matter for cognizance on January 16, 2024.

ED is also named Hridyanand Chaudhary, along with Amit Katyal, who is allegedly linked to Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad and his son Tejashwi Yadav.

He was apprehended by the ED in connection with a money laundering probe in the land-for-jobs scam.

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) are probing former Bihar chief minister Lalu Prasad Yadav, his family and many others in the land-for-jobs case.

The alleged scam happened when Lalu Prasad was the Union railway minister in the UPA-1 cabinet.

Yadav is accused of giving jobs to Group-D positions in various Indian Railways zones between 2004-2009 in lieu of plots of land from the candidates or their relatives either as gifts or at cheap rates.

The probe had started two years ago but the case was registered last year.

Related articles

India’s Strategic Crossroads in the Shadow of a US-Iran War

 In the theatre of global geopolitics, few crises unfold without dragging the rest of the world into their...

ECoR to run record 365 Rath Yatra Special trains to and from Puri

Bhubaneswar: The East Coast Railway (ECoR) will operate a record 365 special trains during this year’s Puri Rath...

Netanyahu says Israel “very close” to reaching its goals in Iran

Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that Israel is "very close" to completing its objectives after...

Russia extremely negative about NATO plans to increase defence spending: FM

Moscow: Russia is extremely negative about NATO's plans to increase defence spending and will continue to take measures...